Video Credit: youtube.com via play4kay.org

Play 4Kay

Credit: Trinity Valley students supporting Play 4Kay

YOW-001-G.final

Photo Credit: www.play4kay.org

Play 4Kay logo

Kelly Davis, Editor-in-Chief
February 8, 2012
Filed under Featured Sports Scrollbox, New Stories, Sports, Student Life, Top Stories

Play 4Kay” is a national program supported by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association in an attempt to raise awareness of breast cancer. This nationwide organization brings awareness across campuses, communities and everywhere in between.

This event is in memory of the former North Carolina State head coach Kay Yow, a past president and founding member of the WBCA, lost her fight with breast cancer in 2009. The program, “Play 4Kay,” is named in honor of Coach Yow. The Kay Yow Cancer Fund is a charitable organization that’s committed to finding answers in the fight against female cancers, by raising money for scientific research. With this event, female basketball players can spread breast cancer awareness, not only on the courts, but off as well. 

The organization continues to carry on with the spirit of coach Yow. Since the programs inception five years ago, the WBCA Play4Kay has raised almost $4 million. Last year, the event raised more than $650,000.

TVCC’s campus will be doing its part to aid in breast cancer awareness by having its own “Play 4Kay”event, today February 8. Students and supporters are asked to wear pink to tonight’s Lady Cards basketball game at 5:30 p.m. when they will take on Blinn College at the Cardinal Gym. The game will be webcast at www.tvcc.edu.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!